1. To start this look you need to prime your eyes. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion, a cheaper alternative to this would be ELF eye primer for $1 at target.
2. Apply a black colored base, this step does not have to be perfect, its just a dark base for the black eyeshadow to stick to and help it show up as black as possible. I used a black NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil, I don't have a picture because I depotted this into a container and used a brush to apply it.
3. Take a few different shades of brown and a blending brush and blend out the black line in the crease creating a gradient effect from darkest in the crease to the lightest near the brow bone.
4. Take your favorite black shadow and pack it on the lid blending it into the crease. Take the black eyeshadow down under the eye and blend it out with a light brown shadow.
5. Take your favorite creamy black eyeliner and line your top and bottom water lines, then set with a black eye shadow.
I also added a shimmery inner corner highlight here, and used an eyeshadow a shade lighter than my skin tone to help blend out the brown and highlight under the brow. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of this step!
6. Fill in yo brows.
After this step you can stop here if you just want your basic black smokey eye, just curl your lashes add mascara and you are good to go! If you want to add a little more flare and glamour to this continue on to the next step!
7. Take a golden glitter of your choice and a damp brush and apply a small amount of glitter over the black on the lid.
8. Curl yo lashes and apply your favorite mascara!
That completes how I achieved this look. I hope it was helpful and you guys enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments what you did or didn't like about this picture tutorial!!