Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birch Box



Today was a rough day.  My only daughter...only child....started kindergarten today.  I keep looking at her and thinking she looks bigger than she did yesterday.  I can't believe she is in kindergarten.  It warms and breaks my heart all at the same time.  After dropping her off and watching her at the door for 20 minutes this morning I retreated to my car, and the minute I closed the car door the tears came.  I drove home crying.  It was hard.  When I got home I decided to check the mail, and a surprise awaited me!  It was just the pick me up I needed.  It couldn't have came at a better time.  So what was waiting for me in the mail box?



The little pink box called Birchbox that is. Birchbox is a program that for $10 a month they send you this cute little box filled with about 4 or 5 beauty product samples, sometimes they even send full size products.  A lot of the full size products retail for just under or even over $10 which makes this program really worth it.  Another positive to this is that you can try out all kinds of products to see if you like them before shelling out a lot of money on some of them.  The site also sells the full size of the products that they send out each month.  This month was the first box that I received.  I am very excited about a couple of the products in here, and one I have used before and talked about in my last post.


So the Products I got are:


June Jacobs Papaya purifying enzyme masque .5 oz  Retails for $64 for 3.7 oz (yikes!) 


Ouidad Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel .6 oz  retails for $16 for 6 oz 
Not sure if I will get much use of this since there is no heat or humidity here and my hair isn't frizzy.


Smashbox photo primer .25oz Retails for $36 for 1 oz
I think this is a great primer, but there are cheaper alternatives.  See previous blog post.



The Cool Fix Targeted Gel lotion 1 oz Retails for $11 for 2 oz
This claims to treat ingrown hairs, razor bumps, razor burn, and redness

It also came with one of these hair ties but I didn't take a picture. I really like the idea of these hair ties though!  They also aren't breakable because they tie together at the end which I think is awesome because I am always stretching out and breaking my hair ties!

Out of all these products I am most excited to try the June Jacobs mask and The cool fix targeted gel lotion.  I will let you all know how I feel about these products after I have used them!

www.birchbox.com




7 comments:

  1. awww I can not imagine what a mess I will be when my oldest starts kindergaten :( she is already 2 so it will be here before I know it! You poor mama that must have been so hard. Im glad you got a little pick me up though :) I cant wait to get my birchbox in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a mother so I don't know how it feels but I share your pain and your joy. Birchbox is WOW! I'm surprised I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that made me want to cry. Makes me think of my son

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw your little girl is adorable!

    I got the same exact Birchbox as you (http://beauty.adorability.org/?p=822) The only products I've tried are the Cool Fix gel (which I really love!) and the Smashbox primer. I'm with you on the primer thing...I don't really see the need to spend a lot of money on one. All the primers I've tried have basically been the same lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support guys, it was hard sending her to Kindergarten I can NOT believe how the time flies. You never believe you when other parents tell you, but it is so true. In the blink of an eye they are big.

    @Melanie I am so glad you love the cool fix gel I can't wait to try it now! I tried the masque the other day, I am not sure exactly what it is supposed to do lol, but a little goes A LONG way! So it will last a while I feel. I thought it was going to be super moisturizing but my face actually felt a little dry when I took it off...not sure though. I will try it again soon to get a good review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally want to try bircth box, seriously. it looks so fun!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool birchbox! ive been wanting to get one since forever

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete